Get the Original: Because Steve Says So T-Shirt
Your one stop Mac spot

Warning: file() [function.file]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /homepages/30/d186991128/htdocs/MacBlogzStaging/wp-content/themes/macblogz/header.php on line 101

Warning: file(http://download.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=AAPL&f=sl1d1t1c1ohgv&e=.csv) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Success in /homepages/30/d186991128/htdocs/MacBlogzStaging/wp-content/themes/macblogz/header.php on line 101
AAPL: 0.00 ( . )

Blog

500 Apps in iPhone App Store; Most Under $10

Apple’s iPhone App Store is set to launch within the next 48 24 hours.

Inside the App Store we can expect to find 500 apps from companies including AOL, eBay, Facebook, and Bloomberg to name a few.

“In an interview, Apple Chief Executive Steve Jobs said he believes the iPhone represents a rare launch of a new computing “platform,” as evidenced by a rush of iPhone software development by other companies. He said past efforts by rivals to establish new mobile software platforms resulted in mostly anemic applications.”

“There’s been nothing on a mobile phone a fraction as good as what’s on PCs,” Mr. Jobs said.

Additional Thoughts: El Jobso is right on this one. iPhone changed the mobile phone industry and flipped it on its head. With the addition of the Apps Store, it will do the same for not only mobile developers, but all developers. That internet dream is becoming a little more like reality for a huge amount of talented, worthy, deserving developers.

“The App Store will be an icon on the home screen of every iPhone, and some 500 applications will be available on Friday from companies like Facebook, eBay Inc., America Online, Sega and Bloomberg. About a quarter of those applications will be free to download, and of the rest, 90% will cost $10 or less, Mr. Jobs said.”

“Apple has said it will take a 30% cut of the sales for iPhone applications, leaving 70% for developers. Mr. Jobs doesn’t expect Apple to make much money off the App Store once the costs of running it are deducted, though he hopes it will boost iPhone sales. “I think it will generate a lot of revenue, but not much profit,” he said.”

Though numerous attempts have been made to gain insight into technical aspects of the store, Forbes reports that “…secretive Apple did not return calls about the Apps store. Details about the size, scope or content of the store are consequently scarce. That veil of secrecy has frustrated many independent developers who are accustomed to sharing details about their work on their own time schedule.”

We are anxious to see how the App Store lives up to the hype. Check back often as reports will flow the second we get our hands on it.

Original article here.

Comments [0]