Warning: file() [function.file]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /homepages/30/d186991128/htdocs/MacBlogzStaging/wp-content/themes/macblogz/header.php on line 101

Warning: file(http://download.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=AAPL&f=sl1d1t1c1ohgv&e=.csv) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Success in /homepages/30/d186991128/htdocs/MacBlogzStaging/wp-content/themes/macblogz/header.php on line 101

Grand Opening: Apple Store Munich, Images and Video

A huge crowd celebrated the opening of Apple’s new retail store in Germany today. The “Apple Store, Rosenstra├če,” is Apple’s first retail store in the country.

Prior to the store’s official opening, Apple had a pattern splattered across the facade of the building resembling the Bavarian flag, only with blue iPod nanos. As previously explained, T-Mobile carries the iPhone in these parts of the world, so Apple’s physical presence was already fairly strong. The addition of a new flagship store in the area will only increase brand recognition and awareness of Apple as a whole.

germany store

germany store

germany store

germany store

germany store

MacDailyNews points us to a 360 degree panorama VR of the opening crowd. Additionally, the video below is from Martin in Munich (via Youtube). Many more images via flickr

19 Comments to “Grand Opening: Apple Store Munich, Images and Video”

DocT @ December 6th, 2008 at 2:38 pm

yup, no other company could pull this off. they could only dream of it.

jack @ December 8th, 2008 at 2:52 pm
 Add karma Subtract karma  --1

gotta love ignorant apple fanatics.

Rob @ December 8th, 2008 at 3:16 pm

I agree. Go to Best Buy on any given Tuesday when the sale catalog is released, same thing.

patrick @ December 8th, 2008 at 5:03 pm

Gotta love ignorant PC die hards who are in denial.

abc @ December 6th, 2008 at 2:40 pm

This is awesome. Even where they’ve never had a store before, people are just waiting and biting tooth and nail to get in. The company devotion is out of friggin control.

jeez @ December 6th, 2008 at 2:46 pm

Jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…… This is out of control.

winDOSE @ December 6th, 2008 at 3:09 pm

Apple needs to take this to the bank. They should have so many more products on the market, they’re missing out on SO MUCH MONEY, SO MUCH MARKET SHARE, SO MUCH REVENUE, all to remain an “elite” – “cult” brand. Give it up already. Start making things people will buy.

Jenn @ December 8th, 2008 at 3:20 pm

Wow, you probably live under a rock because you must not have heard of the iPhone or let alone the entire line iPods brought out in the last decade.

Kevin @ December 8th, 2008 at 3:24 pm

Apple is already taking this to the bank. By creating an “elite” product image, it is more attractive to the user. And they have just enough models to cover the bases. By simplifying their product line, they make it much easier for a user to decide which computer is for them. As much as I hate Apple’s proprietary system, it is really working for them. For that, I say congrats.

lorenzo @ December 6th, 2008 at 4:34 pm

Munich, Germany is definitely a strange place.

Jim Jones @ December 8th, 2008 at 2:53 pm

Wow, I really dont see what all the fuss is about.

jess

PHilip @ December 8th, 2008 at 3:23 pm

Apple has gotten the point. SIMPLE AND EASY AND MODERN

AppleFan @ December 8th, 2008 at 4:13 pm

Wow. I remember when you could never “buy” anything in a “place.” But that was before Steve Jobs invented the store. Now I buy things in places all the time, like my iPod, and a loaf of bread, and this can of tomato soup, and my other iPod.

Know what it would be like without Steve’s leadership and vision? I’ll tell you. We’d have all starved to death in the dark ages or something. I’ve had a nice B&W publicity photo of him above my desk for the past couple years, but last month I finally got the spotlight on the ceiling above it hooked up to the circuit that runs behind that wall. I didn’t bother with a switch: the photo of Steve is highlighted all the time.

If you go to Munich, don’t waste time trying Bavarian beer and seeing the sights: visit the Apple Store. I also wanted to add, this comment is dedicated to Steve Jobs and Apple, without whom I’d have probably just thrown myself off a bridge a long time ago.

a German @ December 8th, 2008 at 4:17 pm

This is Munich/Bavaria, not Germany. There’s a reason they started in Munich, and not in Berlin, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Cologne etc….

mo @ December 8th, 2008 at 6:38 pm

haha, yeah because conservative provincial munich is so much more inline with the hip image that apple is trying to portrait then lets say berlin!

a German @ December 9th, 2008 at 12:23 pm

the few hipsters in Berlin already have their Macs.
right now there’s much more money to be made in Munich.

Free Xbox 360 Games @ December 8th, 2008 at 4:42 pm

Great article. Thanks for the information.

Fred @ December 14th, 2008 at 1:55 am

My Missus is actually in Germany now, and a couple of days ago passed that store and took photos.!!

The killer is go and have a look at the prices..!!!!

$300AU for an iPod Nano.!! I can buy it for $186AU.

MokiMac @ December 14th, 2008 at 10:58 am
 Add karma Subtract karma  --1

I’m going to have to start buying my Apple stuff downunder. 186AU for a Nano is 17% less than I can get if for here in the U.S.